Having a baby is one of the most joyous events in life. At Desert Regional Medical Center, our Women and Infants' Center emphasizes the health of your baby and family at every stage – throughout your pregnancy, during delivery and after you're at home with your newborn. We offer care for low- and high-risk obstetrical patients, including central fetal monitoring for high-risk care before labor.
When you have your baby at Desert Regional Medical Center, we help make you feel at home. Our Labor/Delivery/Recovery/ Postpartum rooms let you and your family members stay in one comfortable, well-appointed room throughout the entire birthing process. Our Mother-Baby couplet care in the postpartum area means that nurses care for you and your baby together, so you can begin bonding and learn skills to feed, bathe and care for your newborn. Prenatal care, breastfeeding, counseling and parenting classes are offered through our Healthy Beginnings Program.
Our Women and Infants' Center Services include:
- Healthy Beginnings
- Low and high-risk obstetrical care
- Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum (LDRP)/birthing rooms
- Neonatal Services
- Prenatal Care
- NuParent Program an 8-week course to help you understand and strengthen your relationship with your baby
- Maternal/Child Education
- Maternity Boutique - A special store offering breastfeeding accessories, breast pump rentals and sales, maternity wear, preemie wear and accessories, and a maternity lending library
We also offer care for other women's health issues including:
- Geriatric Care for concerns of older women such as menopause and osteoporosis
- Comprehensive Breast Center for breast cancer prevention and detection such as mammography as well as breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
For more information on our Women and Infants' Center programs and services, please call (760) 416-4754 or for a physician referral, call (888) 765-6274.
We accept most health insurance plans and can handle insurance verification.