Awards & Distinctions
Recognized for providing quality care
Desert Regional Medical Center is proud to be recognized as a healthcare leader in the Coachella Valley. As a result of the efforts of our entire medical staff, the hospital has received accolades from many local, regional, state and national organizations for its excellent service to the community.
Healthgrades Excellence Awards
Healthgrades has named Desert Regional among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for joint replacement surgery. In addition, it has recognized the medical center in multiple years for superior clinical outcomes during treatment for total knee replacement, total hip replacement, hip-fracture treatment and gallbladder removal surgery.
Comprehensive Community Cancer Program
The Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons, has recognized Desert Regional’s comprehensive community cancer program.
American Heart Association Awards
As part of its Get with the Guidelines® program, the American Heart Association has recognized Desert Regional for adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. The hospital has received a Gold Plus Award for treatment of congestive heart failure, a Gold Award for stroke care and a Silver Award for resuscitation measures.
Desert Regional Accreditations
Our specialized centers have been accredited by the following organizations:
- Bariatric surgery – Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Chest pain – Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Radiology (MRI, PET, CT and mammography) – American College of Radiology
- Respiratory care – American Association for Respiratory Care
Joint Commission Advanced Certification
Desert Regional has received advanced certification for its Primary Stroke Center and for its programs in hip replacement, knee replacement and spine surgery.
- Organ Donation Medal of Honor Hospital – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- “Baby-friendly” hospital – The World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Receiving Center – Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Trauma Center, Level II – Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Award – International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners®
- Women’s Choice Awards®, America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care.