What to Bring/What not to Bring
These lists are designed to help you prepare for your hospital stay. Should you have additional needs or require special services during your stay, please contact our patient services representative or the nursing supervisor on your floor.
What to bring
- Your health insurance card
- All insurance forms or pre-authorization paperwork
- A valid form of ID, like a driver’s license or passport
- Advance Directive document, if you have one
- List of medications you are taking, including dosage and directions (not the medications themselves)
- Personal items, like a toothbrush, comb, eyeglasses, hearing aids, etc.
- Comfortable clothing for arrival and discharge
- Magazine, books, writing paper or other items you may want during your stay
- No more than $20 in cash for incidental gift shop items
- Credit card number and expiration date, but not the card itself
- Calling card number if you plan on making long distance calls; local calls are free
What not to bring
- Credit cards
- Jewelry or other valuables
- More than $20 in cash
- Medications from home
Desert Regional Medical Center cannot be responsible for valuables brought to our hospital. Should you inadvertently bring a valuable item with you, we recommend that you give it to a family member or friend to take home with them or ask the Admitting Representative to store them in the hospital safe located in the Admitting Department. You will receive a receipt for items stored in our safe so that you may reclaim your items upon discharge.