Desert Regional is committed to providing patients with assistance in controlling their diabetes. The team includes certified diabetes educators comprised of registered nurses and dietitians.
Sande Quattlebaum, MS, RN, ACNP-BC Director, Bariatric & Diabetes Centers
Cheryl Craig, RD Diabetes Center Dietitian
Roz Marcus, DPM, RN, CDE Diabetes Educator
Programs and Services:
Our Diabetes Management and Patient Education Services at Desert Regional are designed to help patients control their disease and may assist in decreasing the risk of long-term complications. Self-care management skills provide instruction to patients and family members on nutrition, exercise, medications, monitoring of blood glucose and ways to prevent typical complications, such as those affecting the skin, feet, eyes, nerve endings and kidneys. Education services are provided to patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes who need to increase their knowledge of the disease process. We accept Medicare and many insurance plans.
Our diabetes services include:
• SELF-MANAGEMENT EDUCATION PROGRAM
• PSYCHOSOCIAL ADJUSTMENT
• NUTRITIONAL COUNSELING
• PREVENTION, DETECTION AND TREATMENT OF ACUTE AND/OR CHRONIC COMPLICATIONS
• ACCESS TO A VARIETY OF EXERCISE PROGRAMS
• COMMUNITY EDUCATION
Desert Regional has a team of nurses and dietitians ready to teach you how to manage the day-to-day medical and emotional challenges of living with diabetes.
Top 5 ways our diabetes educators can help you
1. Understand how to read food labels and make healthy food choices
2. Discover how exercise can fit into your lifestyle
3. Learn methods for controlling your cholesterol and blood pressure
4. Learn how to manage your medications
5. Discover how to control your diabetes and not let your diabetes control you
For more information on our diabetes services, please call (760) 323-6881.
We are located at:
Desert Regional Medical Center
1140 N. Indian Canyon Dr., Suite 100
Palm Springs, CA 92262