Orthopedics & Neurosciences
Your destination for joint care and sports medicine
Are you suffering from joint pain? Are neck and back problems affecting your quality of life? Are you or a loved one recovering from a stroke? Has a sports-related injury kept you from enjoying the athletic activities you love? Now you can turn to an ICON in the Coachella Valley – the Institute of Clinical Orthopedics and Neurosciences at Desert Regional Medical Center. ICON provides:
- Advanced, comprehensive orthopedics and neurological care – from diagnosis to outcome
- A dedicated critical-care unit and advanced brain surgery techniques for the care and repair of stroke injuries
- A Spine Care Program that incorporates the latest research to help you prevent or lessen your back and neck pain
- An award-winning Joint Replacement Program, with new surgical techniques for replacing hips and knees
- Computerized assessment and treatment for your sports-related injuries, as well as baseline concussion testing
Rehabilitation: The key to successful recovery
Restoring normal activity following orthopedic and neurological treatment depends on a variety of things, including the severity of your specific injury or condition. What doesn’t vary is the need for specialized, focused care. At Desert Regional Medical Center, rehabilitation is an integral part of that care and your recovery process.
Rehabilitation is more than applying a brace or a specific technique. It is a comprehensive program designed not only to eliminate the effects of an injury or musculoskeletal problem, but also to prevent that problem from returning.
ICON’s rehabilitation staff uses a variety of advanced techniques designed to reduce pain and restore normal strength, motion and flexibility. The physicians and rehabilitation specialists devote their efforts toward achieving optimal function for every patient. They specialize in the treatment of neurologic and musculoskeletal disorders, including pre- and post-operative care.
The rehabilitation staff specializes in:
- Assessment and treatment of injuries to the foot, ankle, knee, spine, hip, wrist, hand, elbow and shoulder
- Advanced evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal problems, such as sports-related injuries, occupational injuries and injury prevention on the playing field as well as in the workplace
- Advanced manual therapy and mobilization of all extremities and the spine
- Evaluation and treatment of spinal injuries
- Educational programs on spine care
- Development of bio-mechanical braces and supports for the foot, custom sports braces and athletic pads
For more information on ICON’s services, call (760) 416-4511.