Hand & Wrist
Expert orthopedic care for hand and wrist conditions
Whether you’ve broken your wrist, torn a ligament or are living with the long-term effects of a condition such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome, painful hands, wrists and arms can limit your mobility and quality of life. Desert Regional Medical Center provides:
- A team of orthopedic specialists who will evaluate and treat your hand and wrist injuries
- The latest techniques for treating nerve compression, soft-tissue and traumatic injuries
- A staff committed to ensuring that your recovery process is swift and effective
Reaching, grabbing, driving and using a computer mouse are activities you probably take for granted. But they’re only possible because of the flexibility of your fingers, hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder. These extremities are anatomically complex and depend on the continual movement of joints, bones and muscles. They get a lot of use. They also get a lot of abuse – which make them highly prone to injury.
The surgeons at Desert Regional’s Institute of Clinical Orthopedics and Neurosciences (ICON) evaluate, treat and rehabilitate the muscles and joints of the hand and arm. Their plan of care is designed to fit your needs and includes treatment of:
- Nerve compression syndromes, such as cubital tunnel syndrome and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Soft-tissue sprains, strains and contusions
- Overuse and traumatic injuries, such as fractures and full and partial dislocations; degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis; tendon, nerve and ligament damage; rotator-cuff tears; and impingement syndromes of the elbow and wrist
After any type of hand and wrist surgery, you will need rehabilitation and physical therapy in order to return to daily activities without pain and stiffness.
Ready to start your journey toward pain relief? Call (760) 416-4511 to learn more.