Expert care for shoulder injuries and conditions
Does everything seem to fall on your shoulders? In a lot of ways, it really does. You use your shoulders to push and pull, to lift and carry. Even when you’re having fun, you need strong shoulders to swim, serve a tennis ball or swing a golf club. When your shoulder has degenerated or been injured, you need immediate and specialized care for that pain. At Desert Regional Medical Center, you’ll find:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging to diagnose the root cause of stiffness, pain, inflammation or immobility in the shoulder
- A team of orthopedic surgeons and other medical professionals who focus on the treatment of the shoulder and other upper extremities
- A plan of care that fits your specific needs
Whether you’ve dislocated your shoulder, torn a ligament or are experiencing the pain and discomfort of tendonitis, shoulder conditions can severely limit your ability to work, play and enjoy normal activities.
At Desert Regional’s Institute of Clinical Orthopedics & Neurosciences (ICON), we help heal your shoulder injuries by giving you access to a large and experienced team of orthopedic and rehabilitation specialists right here in the Coachella Valley.
The shoulder is one of the most moveable joints in your body, and many shoulder conditions are caused by overuse. For this reason, treatment of shoulder injuries begins with pain management, in-network rehabilitation and physical therapy. Advanced imaging technology allows our physicians to diagnose your shoulder condition quickly and accurately to determine whether surgery is necessary.
If you do require surgery, you have access to a team of physicians who have a wealth of experience.
ICON’s orthopedic surgeons and medical teams specialize in the treatment of:
- Fractures and full or partial dislocations
- Degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis in the shoulder
- Tendon, nerve and ligament injuries
- Rotator cuff tears
- Impingement syndromes of the shoulder
- Shoulder instability
Whether you require surgery or not, rehabilitation and physical therapy are necessary in order to get your shoulder moving again without pain.
Ready to get rid of the pain and return to your active lifestyle? Start by calling (760) 416-4511 to connect with one of our orthopedic specialists.