Medically Supervised Weight Loss
The Center for Weight Management at Desert Regional now offers OPTIFAST, a medically supervised weight management program that closely monitors progress towards better health and emotional well-being.
Typical OPTIFAST patients are 30 – 50 pounds overweight. The 19-week program utilizes full-meal replacement that transitions to self-prepared meals, in conjunction with comprehensive patient support.
Why OPTIFAST Works
- Meal replacement diet: Narrowing your food choices helps you work towards weight loss and management by controlling the amount and types of food you eat.
- Medical supervision: Utilizes the expertise of our providers to help you lose weight safely.
- Lifestyle education: To help you achieve and sustain better health through nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Counseling: Individual and group counseling by experts who understand your challenges. Ongoing personalized support: Included both during and after weight loss to help you achieve and maintain success.
- Active Weight Loss: During the 12-week Active Weight Loss Phase, you’ll use an OPTIFAST full meal replacement diet. You will receive weekly medical monitoring and weekly group sessions under the care of a registered dietitian.
- Transition: During the 6-week Transition Phase, you’ll transition to regular foods and continue to participate in weekly group sessions.
- Long-Term Weight Management: The Long-Term Weight Management Phase is ongoing, and usually includes partial OPTIFAST meal replacement and partial regular food, as well as ongoing support.
Get in Touch With Us Today!
Desert Regional Medical Center's Center for Weight Management
(Located in the Stergios Bldg)
1140 N. Indian Canyon, Suite 120
Palm Springs, CA 92262