Getting off to a happy, healthy start
Desert Regional Medical Center’s Healthy Beginnings program provides you with the tools you’ll need to get off to a healthy journey with your new baby. The trained, professional staff offers support and educational classes to make you a confident parent and have a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Beginnings is designed for both parents-to-be and new parents, and its classes focus on pregnancy and infant care. Your additional benefits include:
- Free confidential pregnancy testing
- Assistance with Medi-Cal, Healthy Families and Family Pact applications
- Referral to an obstetrician of your choice
- Prenatal, nutrition and breastfeeding counseling
- Hospital tours
- A “Sweet Success” program with information on gestational diabetes
You’ll also receive help in finding a pediatrician for well-baby checkups, immunizations and care when your child is ill.
A special service is a Maternity Boutique offering breastfeeding accessories, breast-pump rentals and sales, maternity wear and clothing and accessories for premature infants.
The Healthy Beginnings program, including its Maternity Boutique, is located at 345 Tachevah Drive, Suite 2, Palm Springs, CA, 92262. Its hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Want to know more? Call (800) 491-4990.
Maps & Directions