Access to specialized care
You are at a higher risk of developing complications before, during and after pregnancy if you have diabetes, a heart condition, hypertension or another health problem.
Desert Regional Medical Center’s Maternal Fetal Medicine Center is staffed by perinatologists who work together with your personal obstetrician/gynecologist to ensure a high level of care for you and your baby. The center uses technologies such as ultrasound to screen and monitor women with conditions that could impact their pregnancies. It also offers genetic screening and counseling.
Among conditions that can put you and your baby at high risk during pregnancy are:
- Gestational, or pregnancy-related, diabetes
- Gestational hypertension (high blood pressure) that can lead to pre-eclampsia
- A multiple pregnancy
- Pregnancy after the age of 30
- Preterm labor, or labor that begins before the 37th week of pregnancy
- Too much or too little amniotic fluid
- Late-pregnancy bleeding
- Complications involving the placenta
You can find out more about the Maternal Fetal Medicine Center and what it can offer you by calling (800) 491-4990.